Qita Temple is called the Qita Baoen Temple. It is located in Yinzhou District, Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province, south to Baizhang Road, west to Handan Street, north to Jicao Street, Lane 38, and east to Caihong North Road. It was built in Tang Dazhong. In the year 858, which nemed Dongjin Temple at that time. It was renamed "Qixin Temple", "Chongshou Temple" and "Landscape Temple". Later, it was named after the seven pagodas built in front of the temple during the reign of Kangxi. It is the only preserved large-scale Buddhist temple in Ningbo City, with a construction area of 11,400 square meters. In 1983, it was listed as a key temple in the Chinese Han area. On January 7, 2011, it was listed as a cultural relic protection unit in Zhejiang Province. Historically, it was the four major Buddhist jungles in East Zhejiang (Tiantong Temple, Ashoka Temple, Qita Temple and Yanqing Guanzong Temple). The temple hall is elegant in structure and simple and elegant. It is a typical zen temple and has seven churches. The main buildings include: Seven Pagodas, Shanmen Archway, Tianwang Hall, Yuantongbao Temple, Sansheng Temple, Buddhist Temple and Tripitaka Building, Jade Buddha Pavilion, and Ancestral Hall. With Bell Tower, Drum Tower, Wing Room, Complex Building, etc.
The Qita Temple has a history of more than 1,140 years. At that time, there was an official in Jiangxi Province named Ren Jingqiu who converted his house to a temple. He invited the retired abbot of Tiantong Temple, Xinjing Canghuan, to do temple abbots. The name of the temple was “Dongjin Chanyuan”. It was later renamed Qixin Temple. The stupa that was established in Xiantong for 14 years (873 years) by Xinjing Canghuan remained in the temple. In the early Ming dynasty, in order to prevent floods and move people to the mainland, the Guanyin Temple in Putuoshan was also relocated to the Qita Temple for worship. Therefore, the name of the temple was changed to "Butuo Temple." In the late Ming and early Qing Dynasty, seven pagodas were erected in front of the temple to represent the origin of Zen Buddhism, hence the name Qita Temple. At the end of the Qing dynasty, the privileged leader of the Ciyun movement was the abbot of the Qita Pagoda. He spread Rinzai to form the “Qita Temple” school. In 1980 the monastery was restored to open. In the year of 1994, Master Ke Xiang received the sentiments passed by the elders of the Great Deming and the Ming dynasty and became the 42nd generation descendant of Linji.
Qita Temple is now a key cultural relic protection unit in Zhejiang Province. In addition to the main buildings in the temple as a classical building, there are also preserved a number of precious cultural relics: the temple master Xinjing Canghuan’s Buddhist monk stupa, engraved on the "Xinjing Canghuan Zen master real stupa" and other words; Two large bronze bells in Song Dynasty, each Weighed in seven or eight thousand pounds and were cast in Shaoxing four years (1134) and Jiading eleven years (1218) in the Southern Song Dynasty; the book “Longzang” In the Qing Dynasty (1330) ,which was stamped and issued by Guangxu; Leaves by a bundle; stone carvings of the five hundred Arhats in Qing Dynasty and the “Heavenly Hearts” cultural relics collection of precious cultural relics. (Promotion)
来源： 中国网 | 作者：胡燕敏 | 编辑： 李佩
电话: 057187567897 京ICP证 040089号